Quick Reference Guide
- The projector is controlled by a small, touch-screen monitor on the podium. Tap on the small monitor to turn it on – this will start up the system and lower the screen. If the monitor is dark, you may have to tap it once to wake it up, and a second time to start the equipment.
- Use the on-screen display to choose which source to display.
- When you are finished using the room, select “Shutdown System” from the upper right corner of the monitor to turn off the projector.
- Choose “Resident Computer” from touch-screen monitor.
- Use the keyboard and mouse located on the pull-out tray in podium to control the computer.
- Choose “Laptop” from the touch-screen monitor.
- Connect your device to the VGA/Audio or Mini Display Port cable in podium. If you are using a tablet, you can also connect your own VGA adapter.
DVD or VHS
- Choose “DVD” or “VHS” from the touch-screen monitor.
- Insert the video into the correct device inside the podium. Control the playback (play, pause, stop) using the controls on the touch-screen monitor.
Troubleshooting & Tips
- Adjust volume using the buttons in the top left corner of the touch panel, as well as on your device (resident computer or laptop).
- Use the “Projector Mute” to temporarily hide what is on screen. This is a good option if you want to get something ready to display but aren’t ready to show it, or if you want to temporarily turn off the screen to prevent distraction.
How do I connect to the wireless internet?
While at Annenberg, we recommend connecting to the “sesplearningstudios” WiFi. The password is @nn3nb3rg.
You can also use the “Northwestern” WiFi by logging in with your Northwestern NetID and password.
How do I report an issue with the room?
To report an issue with the technology in the classroom, please send us a message detailing the problem. If you need assistance after hours, you can contact NUIT at 847-467-ROOM (7666).
How do I project content from my USB flash drive?
At the podium, there is a USB extension among the other cords. You can plug your USB drive into this extension and find the files on the resident computer.