Annenberg 317 is a conference-style meeting space, with large displays and video/audio capabilities.
Capacity: 20 (1 table, 20 chairs)
- three large displays
- audio/video conferencing (built-in camera and table microphones for optimal quality)
- document camera
U-Stream URL: n/a
Quick Reference Guide
- Room 317 is controlled by a large touch screen monitor on the North wall of the room. Tap the monitor to turn the equipment on.
- For each display monitor, choose the source that you want displayed. You can display the same source on multiple displays or leave some displays blank.
- Use the “Image Mute” button to hide a display at any time.
- When you are finished using the room, select “System Off” from the lower right corner of the touch panel to power down the displays.
- Choose “Resident Computer” from touch-screen monitor.
- Choose “Primary” to display the main computer desktop or “Extended” to display the second screen. You may want to display “Primary” on one monitor and “Extended” on another to have a large workspace. To display just one computer screen, select “Primary”.
- Choose “Laptop” from touch-screen monitor.
- Connect your device to the HDMI or Mini Display Port cable in the table.
- Choose “Document Camera” from the touch-screen monitor.
- Tap “Controls” to zoom in/out and adjust the camera focus.
- The document camera is focused on the rear (North) side of the table, near the touch panel.
- Insert your disc into the Blu-Ray player, located inside the cabinet under the display monitors. The Blu-Ray player is on the left hand side, second from the top. The “Open/Close” button is the left-most button on top of the device.
- Tap “Controls” on the touch-screen monitor to control the playback.
Troubleshooting & Tips
- Adjust volume using the “Presentation Volume” buttons on the right side of the touch screen, as well as the volume on your device.
- Use the “Annotation” button to annotate onto the image that is currently being displayed. You can also choose “Annotation” and then “Whiteboard mode” to use the display as a blank whiteboard.
- Use the “Preview” area on the touch panel to view a source before sending it to one of the displays.
- Use the “Rotate” button at the top of the touch screen to quickly swap out which sources are displayed on each monitor.
How do I connect to the wireless internet?
While at Annenberg, we recommend connecting to the “sesplearningstudios” WiFi. The password is @nn3nb3rg.
You can also use the “Northwestern” WiFi by logging in with your Northwestern NetID and password.
How do I report an issue with the room?
To report an issue with the technology in the classroom, please send us a message detailing the problem. If you need assistance after hours, you can contact NUIT at 847-467-ROOM (7666).
How can I temporarily hide a source or turn off the display?
To temporarily hide the display, use the touch panel and click “Image Mute” in the upper right hand corner of the display preview. This will hide the display until you are ready, without having to wait for the system to start up. This is a great option if you want to set up a screen before sharing it, or if you want to temporarily turn off the display to prevent distraction during another activity.
How do I project content from my USB flash drive?
At the podium, there is a USB extension among the other cords. You can plug your USB drive into this extension and find the files on the resident computer.
How do I project from my iPad?
I plugged in my Mac, but the windows on my screen are not showing on the display?
How do I adjust the camera in the room?
The camera in 317 is set up to act as the webcam for the resident computer. To adjust the position and zoom of the camera, tap the “Record” button from the right side of the touch panel. From here, you can see a preview of the camera and adjust the position and zoom.